At the beginning of each year, wellness resolutions are top-of-mind. As winter goes along, we may not get the space we need to reboot in our everyday life, but in nearby San Bernardino County, there’s plenty of wide-open wellness to be had. This diverse mountain and desert destination puts nature in the spotlight and provides a quiet space to mindfully plan for the year ahead.
Below are 7 activities visitors can do to relax, recharge and restore mind, body and spirit:
- Stargaze in 29 Palms – Located at the entrance to Joshua Tree National Park, Sky’s the Limit Observatory provides free admission to all those seeking solitude with the dark desert night sky.
PC: Raiko Eichhorn
- Curl up with a good book and a roaring fire at Pine Rose Cabins – An authentic Lake Arrowhead resort with 20 unique cabins, fully-equipped for a winter weekend of mountain relaxation.
- Reconnect with nature in the San Bernardino National Forest – With more than 670,000 acres of land, the local woods are the ideal place to create some distance from distraction. Make sure to bring your hiking boots and layer up for those chilly fall and winter months.
- Indulge in a desert retreat at Campbell House – This secluded desert property provides a unique experience that embodies the beauty and tranquility of the desert. Stay in a charming historic inn while indulging in health and wellness services like massages and Reiki and Energy Balancing.
- Treat yourself to a sonic cleanse at the Integratron – The iconic desert structure was specifically designed for rejuvenation. Visitors from around the world travel to experience the signature 60-minute sound bath and soak up the healing desert vibes.
- Enjoy the ultimate spa treatments at the Spa of The Pines – Located within the Lake Arrowhead Resort, any visitor can book an upscale signature treatment at the spa or salon, accompanied by picturesque mountain lake views.
- Zipline through the Pacific Crest Trail in the snow – If outdoor adventure is your path to wellness, then book a course with the famous Zipline@Pacific Crest and experience a winter wonderland from a birds-eye view. And bring your friends!
Visitors can also stop and shop Hoof and The Horn, Pioneertown General Store and the Grateful Desert Herb Shop in Downtown Joshua Tree for additional aids in their journey toward wellness and rejuvenation such as smudge sticks, palo santo, essential oils and organic candles.